There are five important, yet simple steps to follow, which I believe are necessary for seemingly impossible goals to be achieved.
Step Number One
Spend some quiet time and write down exactly what the change or changes will be and why you want them, this is the first crucial step towards achieving goals. At this stage, write only what it is youíd like to achieve and why. The ëhowísí and ëwhenísí can come later.
Step Number Two
This step too is very important, and it has everything to do with you accessing a state of inner peace. The peace I write about has little to do with listening to relaxation music, essential oils in a burner or harps playing (though they can help). Achievement of your goal requires having peace through a quiet mind and inner calmness regardless of the chaos around you and how long this chaos reigns.
When you have this (peace) you have greater clarity, your creative self will make itself known, you gain foresight into how you will achieve your outcome, focus, and negativity will have minimal impact.
There are individuals who know how to step into a state of peace; however, others may require some gentle guidance.
If you find achieving a peaceful state challenging, there are 5 options listed below that may help you:
- Find yourself some quiet time when you know you are undisturbed and paint, draw, write, or map out all you can about your intended outcome.
- Embark on a meditation program that will teach you a selection of meditation techniques.
- If you are willing to be coached, find yourself a reputable personal coach who can help you work through limiting beliefs and help you discover what your values are.
- Seek out a mentor. This would be someone whom you admire, is inspiring, motivating, and successful, be available to you and who is a fundamentally positive, peaceful, and calm individual.
- Embark on a spiritual development program.
The world of alternatives is huge. Finding something you be happy with may take a little research, start by asking friends and family members to point you in the right direction. If they are just not into that kind of thing it may be wise to broaden your search through the internet, books, and/or other members of your community.
Step Number Three
This important step is about gifting yourself with a fresh outlook on life.
Looking at things in a totally different way and from a new angle will give you a more global perspective revealing greater possibilities and may be achieved by:
- Asking parts of you what is important to you, each time you receive an answer continue by asking why that answer is important. When you can go no further ask yourself ìhow can you change this issue?î This may sound a bit strange, however, from experience, this works.
- Transformational Coaching.
- Understanding your motivation or lack of motivation. Once you gained an understanding of yourself, youíre in a position to become proactive in making necessary changes toward achieving your goal.
- Reading autobiographies of how successful people did it.
Step Number Four
By now you know exactly what you want; you can step into profound inner peace at will; have picked up great self-help and self-healing tools; eliminated limiting beliefs; and worked out your values. Now it is time to finally pinpoint exactly how you are going to go about achieving your goal.
There will be many ways on how youíll achieve your goal; however, the time frame will vary greatly depending on what you need to acquire first. Maybe you need:
- To acquire new skills such as sales, writing, technology, or marketing skills, etc. for that new career you always wanted to be part of.
- To seriously start networking yourself and your product. Become known in your community.
- To gather a team of like-minded individuals that will motivate and inspire you into achieving your goal, whatever it is. Constant negative input can quickly extinguish dreams.
- Start an investment portfolio for your future if you are after a secure financial future.
- Read as much as possible on whatever your goal is, it will give you a fundamental understanding of what itís all about.
Step Number Five
This last but important step (they are all important) is the calculation of when your outcome will finally eventuate. If you followed the previous steps adding Step Number Four into the equation, you will be able to determine the time you can celebrate in a really, huge way of finally reaching the pot at the end of your rainbow!
- Calculate the time it takes to complete your training courses or higher education.
- Investment portfolio goals as discussed with your investment adviser.
- Discuss with your business/personal development/ transformational coach how many sessions and ëhome-playí will be required of you for you to achieve your goal.
- Factor in the time it takes for people to get to know you if you are selling a product or you are the product. Speak with a marketing professional or someone ëin the knowí first.
- It is important to be realistic about timeframes. Sometimes our greatest plans will go awry and will take much longer than expected (much like newly discovered actors and singers who have been plugging their trade for many years before hitting the big time!)
Sometimes, incidents will happen and be out of our control no matter what we do. Like my computer taking with it all my electronic office equipment earlier in 2020 (one of the most frustrating experiences I’ve ever had). To keep going required perseverance, patience, and flexibility ñ it would have been so easy to give up!
Anyone can achieve goals through inner peace, perseverance, patience, flexibility, and sometimes viewing situations from an entirely different angle.