That’s because you are now expected to transfer your past success to others who may or may not have the skills, knowledge or desire that you have.
Additionally, you have the added responsibilities of managing inventory, schedules or shop loads, which require an entirely different skill set.
So what will it take to be successful? Begin with the end in mind. Here are some things you should consider:
- Look at the entire department. Find out what works well, and what doesn’t.
- Interview each member of your team.
- Ask team members to supply ideas for improving your department.
- Empower those who have a strategy. Let them take the ball and run with it.
- Take a risk with ideas that seem to make sense. And…
- Reevaluate your department at least annually.
Shawn Ryder Digital is headed by a seasoned professional with a wealth of experience in both the automotive industry and technology. With over 20 years in the car sales industry, our expert brings a deep understanding of the unique challenges that come with selling cars in the digital age, having worked in both sales and management positions. They also have a strong background in technology and a proven track record of using digital marketing tactics to drive sales and increase brand awareness. Shawn Ryder combines this automotive industry knowledge and digital marketing expertise to provide dealerships with customized and effective marketing solutions that drive results. We are dedicated to helping dealerships thrive in the digital age and are confident in our ability to help you reach your goals and grow your dealership.